Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Good and the evil of the Dummy

Ok so I loved the fact that Charlize loved her dummy but, we decided that she was now getting to old for having it (she only has it in bed) so when a friend had a baby yesterday I thought great we will tell Charlize that the new baby needs a dummy, all was going well she agreed to it and said i get a present so off I trot this am and brought her a new toy monkey that she loved in the shops.

Ok so I now have a screaming child in bed telling No i cant like the big girl monkey. She has been going for about 5 or so minutes now, oh hang on it has just gone quiet nope spoke to soon. LOL

The poor chook is now thinking that giving Alex's baby her dummy is not such a good thing.

I hope she settles down soon and goes to sleep without it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Kim. Here's hoping you all got a decent nights sleep. Noah takes two to bed with him and if he loses one then all hell can break loose. I want them gone by the time the baby comes!!! Seriously considering not introducing them next time!!!

Princess Lu the Scatterbrained said...

Kim I can completely sympathise. My youngest had one STILL at 3 and I figured by the time she could clearly ask me for her dummy it was time for it to go!!! lol So when Easter came around the Easter Bunny left her eggs but took her last dummy. She hasn't used one since but we did have a few days of torture and having to let her fall asleep with me or her dad next to her instead but she did get over it okay. She still has a grudge against the bunny though.....lol